Thursday, August 16, 2012

Another Summer At Camp




My grandmother used to say, that time passes in the blink of an eye. That shows me that we can’t slow the passage of time – and somehow, we will always look back at the end of our journey with amazement at how quickly it has passed.
But, every summer, when Camp comes to a close, I do spend some time reflecting on the past weeks., and how my memories make me feel.,
How can we can make our time here count – we can look back fondly on the past, and eagerly toward the future “Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness, and every tomorrow a vision of hope
When our Campers say  “goodbye” to each other and to their summer home, I know that their hearts break a little bit.
Most of them start scheduling sleep-overs and get-togethers throughout the year. No one really says goodbye to each other. That would just be too painful.
I would imagine that their get-togethers are full of eating….and telling stories about camp. And each year when I get together with my “Sisterhood”, I seem to be more aware of how quickly time is passing. It’s important to spend that time with the girls that I love…to just sit around and laugh. We don’t agree on everything. But it’s camp.
We don’t all live near each other, so being together during the summer makes it even more special. And while the span in our ages goes from the mid 20’s to mine, the oldest of the bunch…Camp doesn’t seem to recognize that.
But as I get older there seems to be more an awareness of time. An awareness that everyone is changing so quickly, and I actually hear myself saying “time passes in the blink of an eye”. This is life. I am thankful for it. And I look forward to scheduling many happy reunions with my “Sisterhood” throughout the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment